Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something New!?? Not really

I am a budding producer. I produce under the name "Get Low!". I follow all the big producers religiously, trying to emulate them in every way. Lately I have been amazed at how rampant sampling has become. I'm not talking about the odd drum loop or riff. I'm talking about whole songs being effectively taken!

Check these ones out!

Florence and the Machine - You got the love



Duck Sauce - Barbara Streisand



Hope this has opened your eyes! I could put many more tracks up but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I might start digging around old record crates.

This website is an exellent search engine to find out what song has been sampled or what samples a song has used!

http://www.whosampled.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment